Scott Ginsberg has some good advice on disciplining yourself to be a more effective writer. His article 8 (More) Ways to Discipline Yourself to Write Every Single Day – Even When You’re Not in the Mood covers the following points:
1. Shift your attitude toward writing.
2. Rearrange your definition of “writing.”
3. Pick your best medium.
4. Eradicate your belief in Writer’s Block.
5. Stop trying to “find” the time.
6. Avoid creative compartmentalization.
7. Begin writing Morning Pages.
8. Remember the Circle of Write.