I came across this article by Mark Schatzker on “How do medieval-themed restaurants get it wrong?” It’s an interesting read concerning the accuracy of food served at such restaurants as Medieval Times. He dispels several myths in regards to the eating habits of medieval people:
- Myth No. 1: Medieval food was bland.
- Myth No. 2: Medieval chefs were lousy when it came to presentation.
- Myth No. 3: Medieval feasts were merely big.
- Myth No. 4: Medieval feasters ate off pewter plates.
- Myth No. 5: Medieval feasters had atrocious manners.
- Myth No. 6: Medieval feasters ate in set courses.
- Myth No. 7: Medieval people ate food they couldn’t possibly have eaten.